This is my another post about Google Adsense and I am happy to announce that Google Adsense has a new ad unit that is “Matched Content” ad unit and it is a great opportunity for Adsense publishers to boost their Adsense earnings plus it has some more great features that will surely impress you and you will start using this ad unit.
Here is a screenshot of this ad unit
You can see that it looks similar to Related Posts Widget and thats the special thing about this ad unit that you can not only recommend your posts but also show adsense in between them and these ads are native so Google finds most similar posts of advertisers and show them in your ad unit and people click these ads because these ads are native and they are of their interest.
So you can say that this ad unit is simply amazing and best way to boost your Adsense earnings as well as increasing page views. Also after adding this ad unit you can remove your related post widget because it works as related post widget and ad server.
Before showing you how to install this ad unit let me tell you that this ad unit is not available for every Google Adsense user, to know are you eligible for this ad unit go to your Adsense account and create a new ad unit, if matched content ad unit option is there then it means you can use this ad unit.
Eligibility to use Matched content
Depending upon your site traffic your site may fall in one of the following categories.
1. Not eligible – Your site doesn’t have a minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages.
2. Eligible but can’t show ads yet – Your site have a minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages but still needs improvement.
3. Eligible and can show ads – Your site have our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages, and it can show ads.
Step to check if your site is eligible for Matched content:
1. Go to Google Adsense and login to your account.
2. Go to settings > my sites > Matched content
3. Go to my ads > create ad unit > Matched content ad unit.
Read more about Match content feature at Adsense Help Center .