SEO is not the end-all holy grail to online marketing, but there is one thing for certain: people use search engines. Having an online presence can instantly connect you with qualified buyers all over the world, but getting in front of new customers is a lot easier said than done.
There are a million roads you can take to the top, but SEO has proven to be one of the highest return investments any business can make. This article covers how you can leverage SEO (by yourself or by investing in SEO services) to reel in more customers month after month.
Why SEO Matters
If you run a business or have a product to sell, chances are you want to make more money.
Ranking high in search means traffic to your website. More traffic, means more visitors. More visitors means more conversions.
Whether you are selling a product or service, growing your subscribers or boosting your ad performance, traffic from search engines can rarely be beat.
SEO services cannot create demand where there is none. But when done right, SEO can funnel new visitors to your business around the clock. — Rob Lons, RankPay SEO Services.
The stats don’t lie:
- 70% of the links search users clicks on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Costs nothing but time
- Gain knowledge and experience
- Steep learning curve
- Takes a lot of time
- Not easy to do right
- Mistakes can be costly
- Outsourced SEO Services
- Get professional help
- Allows you to focus on what you do best
- Faster results than doing it yourself
- Upfront investment
- Risk of choosing wrong company
- Hourly SEO pricing. A simple Google search shows the average cost of SEO is no less than $100 per hour. Hourly pricing is best used for consulting and strategy calls, never for ongoing work.
- Project-based SEO pricing. Paying per project is best if you need a site audit or have a defined project with a clear end date. This is a good option if you have a very limited budget that you cannot exceed.
- Monthly SEO pricing. By far the most common, monthly SEO pricing averages around $750 per month. SEO packages are typically charged at the same rate per month and may or may not include a set commitment.
- Pay for performance SEO. Performance-based SEO delivers results before you pay. This option is a favorite for small businesses and those with smaller marketing budgets because it allows them to pay only for results, nothing else.